The Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan outlines the future development projects over the next 20 years by envisaging large-scale changes to the landscape and skyline. The wide-ranging vision aims to provide the best quality of life for Dubai’s residents and pave the way for the next major residential and economic developments in the city.
- Increase in Green Area
- New modes of transport
- More Access to Pedestrians
- Increase Public Beaches
- Green Future
- Healthy Lifestyle
More about Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan
- The Dubai 2040 Plan divides the city into five key areas of development, each focused on building on Dubai’s strengths.
- Deira and Bur Dubai remain the beating heart of tradition, while Downtown Dubai and Business Bay act as the emirate’s financial hub.
- Dubai Marina and JBR are at the forefront of tourism & entertainment and Expo 2020 is the international gateway for exhibitions and events, with Dubai Silicon Oasis a knowledge and innovation center.
- It is the seventh plan of its kind to be implemented in the emirate since 1960.
- The plan will ‘unlock’ the potential of Bur Dubai and Deira
- The emirate’s population will surge from 3.3 million to 5.8 million in the next 20 years. While the overall plan addresses dealing with this increase, economists have said the growth will help spur the economy
- New modes of transport improve interconnectivity by ensuring 55 percent of the population will live within 800 meters of a main public transport station.
- The master plan aims to encourage mass transit use, walking, cycling, and the use of flexible means of transportation.
- The future is green and healthy, there’s a clear focus on health and lifestyle. The increase in green spaces and cycling lanes is all to create a lifestyle in Dubai that focuses on the individual.