|Architect Firm||Arch Group Consultants|
|Architectural Height||355 m (1,166 ft)|
|Floor Height||298 m (978 ft)|
|Number of Rooms||804 (Tower 1)|
804 (Tower 2)
|Address||Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, |
United Arab Emirates
|Predecessor||SLS Dubai Hotel and Residences|
|Owner||The Emirates Group|
|Cost||USD $490 million (AED1.8 billion)|
|Contact||+971 4 414 0000|
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is the world’s second tallest hotel with 72 floors and a height of 355 m (1,165 ft) twin-tower skyscraper complex in Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is designed by an Architect Firm Arch Group Consultants. Its construction started in 2007 and fully completed in 2012. The construction cost of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is USD $490 million and owned by The Emirates Group.
More Facts about JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- This project was originally conceived as a single, 350 m (77-storey) tower intended to be completed in 2008 and built alongside the Sheikh Zayed Road.
- However, its design and location had to be changed because of the construction of a creek extension belonging to the Business Bay megaproject.
- The new twin-tower design was launched at the Arabian Travel Market in Dubai in 2006. However, the shape of the towers was modified and the height decreased to 355 m (1,165 ft) in a later redesign.
- The concrete structural frames of both towers topped out in April 2010 and by April 2011, the spires on both towers had been added and the outer structure of both towers almost completed.
- The buildings were completed in November 2012, surpassing the Rose Rayhaan by Rotana as the world’s tallest hotel.
- The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai was the tallest hotel until 2018 when the Gevora Hotel beat the record.
- Architect Ashok Korgaonkar, founder and principal architect of ”Archgroup International Consultants” designed the J W Marriott Marquis.
|Tallest Hotel in the World||02nd|
|Tallest Hotel in the United Arab Emirates||02nd|
|Tallest Skyscraper in the World||66th|
|Tallest Skyscraper in the United Arab Emirates||10th|
- The form is inspired by the date palm. The towers are symmetrically placed on the 7-storey high podium to get views of the Burj Khalifa, Business Bay, and the sea.
- The entrance lobby is 4 floors high and overlooks Business Bay.
- The podium terrace has one of the largest spas in Dubai and is landscaped with gardens and a swimming pool.
- With the first tower open, the hotel comprises 14 food and beverage outlets, rooftop bars, a business center, conference halls, and an extensive banquet hall, as well as a swimming pool, and a gymnasium.
- The hotel has 1364 standard guest rooms, 240 suites, 04 presidential suites, a banquet hall, an auditorium, 18 Shops, 19 restaurants, and a spa.
- The 1000-capacity banquet hall has independent access.
|Rooms & Suites||Total Numbers|
How to Reach JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a 05-minute drive from ”Business Bay Metro Station” by cab or personal drive.
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai is a 10-minute drive from ”The Dubai Mall or Burj Khalifa” by cab or personal drive.